Practices start this week:
Upward Bball Practices are Monday & Tuesday 5:30pm - 8:30pm
Upward Cheer Practices are Friday: 6pm-7pm
Upward Games: (starting Jan 22 - March 5th): 9am - 3pm
The League is now full!
To check back next Oct. 2022 for the next season.
Follow on Facebook to get updates on the league start dates: https://www.facebook.com/crosspointeupwardsports
Registration for Upward Basketball & Cheerleading is NOW OPEN!
A Couple of Registration Notes:
1. Please review and accept COVID waiver notice below BEFORE registering your child for Basketball.
2. Evaluations for both boys & girls ALL GRADES will be Saturday, November 13th. Depending on the first letter of your last name will determine your Evaluation Time (anywhere from 9am -1pm). We will email you details closer to the evaluation date.
3. There are only about 45 spots left in the league after all of the volunteers and coaches have signed up, so if you don't make it through registration, feel free to add to the waitlist, and we will contact you if a spot opens up!
COVID WAIVER NOTICE: (please read and accept before you decide to register your child to play)
It is important that you know before you sign your child up for the league that potential risk exists because of COVID. If for any reason AT ALL you are not comfortable with how we are conducting the league, please opt out, and just wait til next year. The last thing I want to have to do is replace a coach or volunteer during the league or after the fact, because you didn't know people were or were not going to wear masks, some probably will wear a mask in the gym, and there might be some coaches and kids inside the gym not wearing a mask. We respect everyone's personal choice for their health safety. No one will be harassed on either side of the spectrum. Our goal is to make sure everyone joining the league is respectful to everyone's personal health choice. We are informing everyone what the county and state recommends, but we are not going to be the COVID police, and force, or mandate to do anything that is against their own personal health choices. If you have an issue with this, I respect your decision, and this may just not be the league for you at this time, and that is OK, it's not for everyone! There is always next year!
Assumption of the Risk and Waiver of Liability Relating to Coronavirus/COVID-19 The novel coronavirus (“COVID-19”) has been declared a worldwide pandemic by the World Health Organization. COVID-19 is extremely contagious and is believed to spread mainly from person-to-person contact. As a result, federal, state, and local governments and federal and state health agencies recommend social distancing and have, in many locations, prohibited the congregation of groups of people. Upward Basketball at CrossPointe Community Church has put in place preventative measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19; however, cannot guarantee that you will not become infected with COVID-19. Further, attending any program or activity at CrossPointe Community Church (including basketball practices, scrimmages, or games) could increase your risk of contracting COVID-19. By registering your child for Upward Basketball you acknowledge the contagious nature of COVID-19 and voluntarily assume the risk that you may be exposed to or infected by COVID-19 while attending Upward Basketball at CrossPointe Community Church and that such exposure or infection may result in personal injury, illness, permanent disability, and death. You understand that the risk of becoming exposed to or infected by COVID-19 at Upward Basketball at CrossPointe Community Church may result from the actions, omissions, or negligence of myself and others, including, but not limited to, Upward Basketball coaches, volunteers, and program participants and their families. You voluntarily agree to assume all of the foregoing risks and accept sole responsibility for any injury to myself (including, but not limited to, personal injury, disability, and death), illness, damage, loss, claim, liability, or expense, of any kind, that You may experience or incur in connection with my attendance at Upward Basketball events at CrossPointe Community Church. On my behalf, You hereby release, covenant not to sue, discharge, and hold harmless CrossPointe Community Church, its employees, agents, and representatives, of and from the Claims, including all liabilities, claims, actions, damages, costs or expenses of any kind arising out of or relating thereto. You understand and agree that this release includes any Claims based on the actions, omissions, or negligence of Upward Basketball at CrossPointe Community Church, its employees, agents, and representatives, whether a COVID-19 infection occurs before, during, or after attending any Upward Basketball program or activity.
PARENTAL CONSENT: I am the minor’s parent or guardian named above and I understand the nature of the Waiver of Liability above and verify and consent to the minor attending Upward Basketball at CrossPointe Community Church. On the minor’s behalf, I hereby release, covenant not to sue, discharge, and hold harmless CrossPointe Community Church, its employees, agents, and representatives, of and from the Claims, including all liabilities, claims, actions, damages, costs or expenses of any kind arising out of or relating thereto. On behalf of the minor, I understand and agree that this release includes any Claims based on the actions, omissions, or negligence of CrossPointe Community Church, its employees, agents, and representatives, whether a COVID-19 infection occurs before, during, or after attending in any Upward Basketball at CrossPointe Community Church.
Upward BB leaders have made the decision to move FORWARD with the 2022 Upward Basketball & Cheerleading Season located at CrossPointe Community Church. Below are important details that you will want to thoroughly read through so that you understand how they are planning to move forward with the Basketball and Cheerleading League before you decide to register or volunteer for the league this year.
Before they open up registration, just like they did last year they are going to be offering an EARLY REGISTRATION option for ONLY those that volunteer as coach, assistant coach or gym support staff. Below is the LINK to sign up as a coach/volunteer, you have 10 days to sign up as a volunteer to guarantee your child a spot on a team (see more details below)
Here are some important details for you before you get started:
• Coach / Volunteer Sign-Up going on NOW: Sunday, October 10th - Wednesday, October 20th (those that sign up to volunteer, will get to register before everyone else to guarantee a spot on team for their child)
• Coach / Volunteer Player Registration Thursday, October 21st - 25th
• OPEN REGISTRATION for everyone else, Wednesday, October 27th
• Evaluation Date: SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 13th anytime between 9am - 2pm Their goal is to do all evaluations all in 1 day, and spacing them out to reduce the # of people on the Church Campus. Our plan is to do mostly OUTDOOR evaluations, with just the shooting portion done spaced out in the gym. Depending on the 1st letter of your last name will determine your evaluation time)
• Practices begin the week of January 3rd (coach will provide day of the week and time, Practices are for 1 hour, either Monday or Tuesday, at 5:30pm for Div 1: K5-1st, or 6:30pm for Div 2: 2nd - 3rd, or 7:30pm for Div 3: 4th - 5th grade)
• Games will be 1 hr long, EVERY Saturday, starting Jan 22nd - March 5th, starting at 9am - 2pm, the younger the player the earlier start time.
• Team / Player Picture Day: Saturday, January 29th (1 hr before your scheduled game time)
• Last Game / Award Ceremony, Saturday, March 5th
WHAT TO EXPECT:
• Medical Freedom of choice will be practiced for all practices and games. What this means is vaccines & masks are encouraged by our local county health dept., however we believe it is your freedom of choice to wear a mask or not wear a mask there, or be vaccinated or not. There is no judgement either way, everyone's choice will be respected. However, if this policy is not inline with your personal beliefs or safety of your family, then this may not be the league for you at this time.
• Basketball & Cheer Registration Cost: $90 per player. Each bball player will receive a Jersey & T-Shirt, and end of season gift (shorts & socks optional and additional fee). Each Cheerleader will receive a full cheer uniform, pom poms, hair bow and end of season gift (turtlenecks optional and additional fee). (Colors are Utah Jazz dark mode theme)
• 1 Practice per week (1 hr ) on either a Monday or Tuesday (bball), for cheer your practices will ONLY be on Thursday
• Team sizes of no more than 8 kids per team with half court practices
• GAME DAY's on every Saturday, this year we WILL be playing against other teams in our league.
• 4 teams practice per hour on separate half courts
• Parents will need to sign a Covid-19 Waiver before their child can participate in our basketball league
• All typical covid cleaning guidelines and sterilization (ie: parent volunteers during practice can help with wellness checks and sanitization of balls etc..)
• Temp check before entering gym & hand sanitizer and washing stations will be available in the gym
• We will have a "drive-thru" type pick up and drop off outside the gym as a convenience, so parents don't have to get out of their cars or come to the gym if they don't want to.
• CHEER is back this year!
HOW YOU CAN HELP!
We need VOLUNTEERS! We need coaches, assistant coaches and gym support staff for both Basketball and Cheerleading. Gym Support Staff during practices will be doing wellness checks prior to practices taking temp checks and handing out hand sanitizer, and wiping balls down between practices and half time, and wiping down high touch surfaces like bathrooms, raising hoops etc... Overall just helping with the overall cleanliness of the gym.
ONLY those that volunteer as coach, assistant coach or gym support staff will be able to pre-register. Here is the LINK to sign up as a volunteer, you have 10 days to sign up as a volunteer to guarantee your child a spot on a team
You have until Wednesday, October 20th to sign up as a Volunteer at the link above, and then on Thursday, October 21st - 25th all VOLUNTEERS will get to register EARLY BEFORE EVERYONE ELSE!!!
Then, OPEN registration will take place at 10am on Wednesday, October 27th. Last year our league filled up within hours...and we had a waitlist of hundreds of kids. So I apologize in advance if the league fills before you are able to submit your registration... all the more reason to sign up and help with coaching/gym support.
We are going to have so much fun this season! Please keep a positive perspective with us and respect each family’s decisions regarding COVID precautions. There is enough division and political opinion in our world right now, let’s keep it off the court. God Bless each and everyone of your families!!
How do we get the link to register for basketball? If you are a coach/volunteer, I will email you a link on Thursday, Oct. 21st so you can have early registration. Everyone else, I will email the link on Wednesday, October 27th at 10am, I will also post the link to register on our facebook page . Please follow our facebook page to stay up to date with our Upward Basketball League announcements: https://www.facebook.com/crosspointeupwardsports